Deirdre Beglan, MS, CCC-SLP is the founder of NYC Speech-Language Pathologist, P.C.
She is licensed in NY State, is ASHA (American Speech and Hearing Association) certified, and holds a TSSLD (Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disabilities) license.
Deirdre has had the opportunity to work internationally in Australia for a couple of years and did voluntary work in Africa, India, Thailand, Philippines, Laos, China, Cambodia, Vietnam, etc…while traveling for a year. With at least 15 years of experience and a passion to learn more and to perfect her therapy techniques, Deirdre is trained in PROMPT, Orofacial Myology, ABA, and Feeding Therapy. Throughout the years, she has worked with a wide variety of children with disabilities from birth to adults of all ages. She has worked in private practice, schools for children with special needs, private schools, public schools, daycares, and in the home with families. She has provided family training as an extra service to help with carryover of therapy sessions.
Deirdre has success with children and adults because she understands the boundaries between discipline and fun. She has a unique way with people and is able to “tap” into each person in a different way and immediately establish rapport with them. She treats all of her clients as a part of her own family and believes that family involvement is a necessary ingredient for the best results.
Certifications and Affiliations
- Speech-Language Pathologist
- Certified Orofacial Myologist™
- PROMPT Level 2: Prompts for Reconstructing Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets
- Fast ForWord Provider
- Complete Speech Provider
- Lidcombe Program for Childhood Stuttering
- ABA Trained
- Member of The American Speech and Language Association (ASHA)
- Member of The American Academy of Private Practice in Speech Pathology and Audiology (APPSPA)
- Member of Westchester Speech, Hearing, and Language Association (WSHLA)
- Member of Speech Pathology Australia
- 5 years in a row: ACE (Award for Continuing Education)
- Registered Yoga Teacher RYT-200 at Yoga Alliance